Turkish Airlines held a travel agency forum in Kempinski Hotel, Accra last week in a bid to get close to its travel partners.
The airline invited IATA-Travel agencies to deliberate on how to maximize the offers Turkish Airlines have and how to sell it to their clients.
The airline out doored a new program called the Turkish Airlines Stopover Program. It is a program offered by Turkish Airlines that allows passengers to enjoy a layover in Istanbul for free. The program is available for passengers traveling on Turkish Airlines flights that connect through Istanbul to a final destination.
The program offers passengers the opportunity to explore Istanbul for a few days without paying additional airfare. Passengers can choose to stay for one or two nights, depending on their travel itinerary, and can enjoy a range of benefits, such as free accommodation, meals, and city tours.
Passengers can enjoy the program during their layover in Istanbul, which must be at least 20 hours for the free accommodation option.
According to the airline’s sales team in Ghana, the program is available to passengers traveling in both economy and business class, and it can be easily booked through Turkish Airlines’ website or by contacting the airline’s customer service. The program is a great way to break up a long journey and experience the vibrant culture and history of Istanbul.
Economy passengers get to enjoy a night stay at a 4* hotel whiles Business class passengers enjoy a two night stay at a 5* hotel. Agencies were advised to apply for visas for their clients ahead of time if they wanted them to enjoy this free program.
Turkish Airlines flies to over 300 destinations in 127 countries, including:
- Europe: Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Frankfurt, Geneva, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna, and Zurich.
- Africa: Abuja, Accra, Addis Ababa, Cairo, Cape Town, Casablanca, Dakar, Dar Es Salaam, Johannesburg, Khartoum, Lagos, Marrakech, Nairobi, and Tunis.
- Middle East: Amman, Beirut, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait, Muscat, Riyadh, and Tel Aviv.
- Asia: Bangkok, Beijing, Delhi, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Mumbai, Osaka, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Ulaanbaatar.
- Americas: Atlanta, Bogota, Boston, Buenos Aires, Calgary, Cancun, Chicago, Havana, Houston, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, Montreal, New York, Panama City, Sao Paulo, Toronto, and Washington D.C.
Prizes ranging from shopping vouchers, Turkish Airlines aircraft models, economy and business class tickets were won by participants during the raffle at the end of the event.
Some agencies present at the event were Eurotour-BCD Travels, Adansi Travels, MoonTouch Travels, Tigerbase Travels, Bespoke Travels, Kumasi Travels etc.
Post comments (0)